Another week, and another awareness day. Today is International Museum Day and did you know that our University campus is teeming with some of Birmingham’s finest cultural attractions? All within a 15-minute walk from University Station, the campus is teeming with historical, scientific and cultural wonders; many of which are free to enter, every day of the week!
You won’t be disappointed at what you find:
- Lapworth Museum of Geology – Transporting visitors back 4.5 billion years, the museum houses everything from dinosaurs to diamonds. The museum is also an Art Fund Museum of the Year finalist 2017!
- The Barber Institute of Fine Arts – Your very own mini National Gallery, housing one of the finest small collections of European art in the UK
- Winterbourne House and Garden – 7 acres of tranquil botanic gardens nestled in the grounds of an Edwardian Art and Craft house
- The Bramall – Birmingham’s most exciting new entertainment venue for music, comedy, lectures and ‘Audience With’ evenings
- Cadbury Research Library – Feed your curiosity and come and consult 200,000 rare books and some 4 million manuscripts
- Research and Cultural Collections – Visit our exhibitions to see some of our most unusual, inspiring and significant pieces from our collections
We look forward to seeing you and your family on campus soon. You can discover more about all we have to offer here. Don’t forget, we will also have a striking 12 acre parkland, the Green Heart, for you to enjoy from 2019!