From May 2016, the University undertook extensive public consultations in collaboration with Nomad RDC Ltd. These were undertaken to thoroughly understand the needs of our staff, students and local community to make sure that the new space is centred around you. Thank you to everyone who gave their views and ideas. Your suggestions have now been explored and incorporated into the Green Heart. Here are just some of the ways your ideas have shaped the vision:
- A range of wild flowers and native plants, 160 new trees, water features and nesting sites
- Space for markets, performances and events, including a grass auditorium and outdoor cinema
- A new café and bar
- Energy saving technologies, zoned lighting and energy generating paving
- Improved signage and access to information
- Dedicated areas for art, sculptures and the University Collections
Read the full Green Heart Consultation Results now!
Be part of the Green Heart journey here.
UoB Green Heart team